Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

 
 
 
Author Ferris Robinson (http://easingintomyfifties.wordpress.com/) was looking for people to participate in the Next Big Thing Blog Hop and since I'm always looking for a good way to get Reviving Bloom out there I signed up.
 

Ten Questions about Reviving Bloom:

Was Reviving Bloom always the title of this book, even when it was a work in progress?

Pretty much, though the name didn't come about until I was on the verge of finishing it. The rest of the time I refered to it as The Story. I was afraid if I named it before I was close to being done I wouldn't finish it.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I’d been reading a lot of werewolf/shifter stories and one night the idea came to me. It all revolved around the wolf pretending to be a stray dog and not revealing himself to his mate until she needed saved. The idea hounded my thoughts for months before I finally broke down and outlined out the characters and wrote the lake scene.

What genre is your book?

Young Adult Paranormal

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Pike would be Ian Somerhalder and Bloom would be Amanda Seyfried.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Reviving Bloom is a sweet, sometimes funny, sometimes sad story about how Bloom finds her true self.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

It's self published.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Almost a year, I didn't have a whole lot of time between work and my family and for the longest time I didn't know if I'd do anything with it, so I didn't try to rush it.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

There are alot of shifter/werewolf books out right now and I think each puts their own twist on the idea. Reviving Bloom would probably compare more with The Grey Wolves Series by Quinn Loftis or The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater.

What inspired you to write this book?

I've always loved to read and write and deep down I knew I had ideas that would make for entertaining stories, it just took me a while to convince myself to follow that dream.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

The sass some of my characters give. I have one in particular who seems to be a fan favorite and honestly you never know what she's going to cock off.

Author Links
Here are some talented authors I’m tagging as the blog hop continues. Make sure you stop by their blogs and get to know these amazing individuals.

Brandi Kennedy:

 
 
Jennifer Blaney:
 
 
I’d like to thank Ferris Robinson, for tagging me and allowing me to participate. Please take a moment to visit her sites.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment